Frequently Asked Questions
Ask your own question! If you have a question which is not answered here, please get in touch. We will do our bet to answer as quickly as possible!
1. Is CELTA the same thing as a TEFL? No. The term "TEFL" is used by many course providers all over the world, and it can be confusing. Google it: there are hundreds! You'll find lots of different courses on offer, to suit every pocket and amount of time you are willing to dedicate. Some, definitely not all of these, are accredited and recognised by employers. CELTA is one of only two which are universally recongised, and CELTA is by far the most well-known and accepted qualification for teaching English to speakers of other languages.
2. Who can take CELTA? This course is for native speakers of English and also for non-native speakers, provided they have a minimum level of C1/C2 on the CEFR This is roughly equivalent to Cambridge CAE or IELTS 7.5+
3. How long does it take to complete a CELTA course? 20 days. We offer the course over 4 weeks, Monday to Friday, full-time, almost every month of the year. Be warned though, that you need to be free for the entire month, including weekends. There is a lot to do and it is very intense.
4. How much do courses cost? Check out our dates and prices page.
5. How many people are there on a CELTA course? Generally 12. In order to get a place on the course, you will need to complete an application form and attend an interview (normally on WeChat video or Skype). If you would like to apply, or get more information, get in touch.
6. Where can I get more detailed information about CELTA, including the course syllabus? You can get all the official CELTA information here. You can also get the Syllabus as well as the official Pre-course Task and Key in our downloads section